Groups and Gatherings
Among the best family vacation spots, Palmer Gulch stands out. Whether it's group camping, a family reunion, rally, retreat, or wedding, we can accommodate you. We will assign an event coordinator to work with you through every detail of your event including: making reservations for Lodge rooms, cabins, executive lodges, camping, gathering spaces, and catering. Midwest vacations and events have never been easier!
How to make group reservations
- Select 2 or 3 alternative dates
- Determine approximate number of people attending
- Determine types of lodging accommodations and the gathering facilities
- Contact our event coordinator
Our event coordinator will confirm availability of your dates and set up a block under your group name, then you will receive an accommodations list.
- Your group members may call our reservation staff to select their accommodations from the initial block or your group contact can provide us with a guest list.
- Rates are established in October of the prior year. An updated rate schedule will be sent to you as soon as it is available. Rates do not include sales tax.
- A deposit of the first night's rent on each accommodation is due by December 31 of the year before the gathering unless the group coordinator specifies an alternate arrangement.
- Reservations without a deposit on January 1 will be cancelled without further notification.
- Final Payment is due upon arrival.
The Ponderosa caters to a variety of locations at the resort, including the Elkhorn/Harney Room, The Old Palmer Hall, and the Picnic Shelter. Menus are priced per person for adults and children 4-12. Prices do not include South Dakota sales tax and gratuity. Meals are served with potatoes, vegetables, breadsticks and butter, dessert, lemonade and iced tea. Call for pricing.